Discover a checking account that’s designed for your modern needs—no monthly fees, no minimum balance, and free monthly eStatements. With a basic checking account, you can have everything you’re looking for in a checking account.
- No Monthly Fees
- Digital Banking
- EMV Chip Debit Card w/Rewards
What is Basic Checking?
- Straightforward checking for your busy lifestyle
- No monthly maintenance fee
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unlimited check writing
- Free eStatements included
- Paper statements available for $3, monthly (free for ages 62+)
- Free digital banking services
- Send professional invoices, receive digital payments with Autobooks
- Free ATM/debit card with Extra Awards®
- $50 minimum deposit to open
Why Choose Basic Checking?
Our basic checking account is a great option for anyone looking for a no-frills checking account with no monthly maintenance fee. Enjoy the basics of having a checking account such as direct deposit of your paycheck, check writing, and an ATM/debit card, all for free. If you’re looking for more added incentives or interest rates check out our Simple Secure Checking or Interest Secure Checking.
Open A Basic Checking Account
West Shore Bank has been Making a Difference Since 1898. For over a century, we have remained committed to helping the people and businesses in Michigan to improve their financial well-being. Bank with us in person or on the go! Visit one of our nine branches in Ludington, Frankfort, Hart, Manistee, Onekama, Scottville, or Traverse City.
Apply now to open a simple checking account and enjoy all the digital services you want with your checking, such as online banking, mobile banking, digital wallet, Zelle, and our MoneyTracker budgeting and financial planning tool.