No matter what your goals in life, West Shore Bank is here to help. Native to Western Michigan, we share your neighborhoods and communities and can offer you local advice and knowledge when preparing for all the things life throws your way — planned or not!
Saving for College
The cost of college can be daunting. Consider these tips to help your child reach their goals.
- No amount is too small. Time and interest can help you save a significant amount.
- Start saving now, rather than when it’s too late.
- Don’t use your retirement fund on college. There are more options to finance college than there are to pay for retirement.
Use our online calculators to determine how much you could save by putting a little away now. Call 231-845-3500 to speak with a specialist on how to start your college savings today.
There are lots of ways to make your big day spectacular without breaking the bank. Consider these financial tips to help you stay on budget.
- Schedule your wedding for the off-season when most things go down in price.
- Enlist the help of willing friends and family for do-it-yourself projects.
- Negotiate with your vendors. You may be surprised at their willingness to offer better rates to get your business.
- Rent things you can’t afford to buy like decorations or even your wedding gown.
- Take a look at your finances. Consolidate accounts and balances to get a better deal.
Use our online calculators to create a budget and stick to it. You may want to also consider:
It’s never too early to begin building a strong foundation for your child’s financial future. Consider these financial tips as you plan for your new arrival.
- Revise your budget to include baby expenses.
- Obtain a Social Security number for your child so you don’t miss out on baby-related tax benefits.
- Make adjustments to your W-4 form and look into additional insurance/health coverage.
- Start saving for college now, even if it’s just a little each month.
Use our online calculators to determine what saving now will mean for the future. Call 231-845-3500 to speak with an investment specialist to begin investing in your family’s future. You may want to also consider a:
Buying a Home
There’s a lot to consider when buying a home — financing, credit ratings and more. West Shore Bank wants to make the process as seamless as possible. Call to talk with a mortgage specialist who can help you determine what will best suit your needs and goals.
Use our online calculators to determine what you can afford. Call 231-845-3500 to speak with a mortgage specialist today.
A career move is a good time to re-evaluate your financial plan and adjust your budget. West Shore Bank is here to help you through any changes in your retirement savings or other accounts. Consider these tips to help make the transition as smooth as possible.
- If you are getting a raise, revise your budget and consider how best to use the extra money.
- Rollover your company 401(k) if you have one. It’s a great time to look at the progress you are making toward retirement savings.
- Bring your retirement savings together in one place to reduce fees and keep you on top of your plan.
- Update your insurance coverage. Do you have enough protection for you and your family?
Use our online calculators to review your budget and retirement savings. Call 231-845-3500 to speak with an investment specialist today.
Planning for Retirement
Retirement is something you can plan for at every stage of life. Whether you’ve got questions about how much you should be saving or which investments are right for you, West Shore Bank can help.
Use our online calculators to be sure you’re saving all you can. Call 231-845-3500 to speak with a retirement specialist today.
Retirement planning doesn’t stop once you’ve retired. It’s equally as important to have a plan designed to help you preserve your savings and truly enjoy your retirement. West Shore Bank can help you develop a plan to get the most from the money you’ve worked so hard to save all these years. Consider these tips to protect your next egg.
- Review your savings every year to make sure they are invested smartly and that your money won’t run out.
- Review your insurance policies. Are you protected from long-term illness?
Use our online calculators to ensure you’ll enjoy your retirement. Call 231-845-3500 to speak with a retirement specialist today.