Please share your honest feedback
We continually strive to elevate our customer service and would like to hear about your experience. To ensure we are meeting our quality service expectations, we implemented a process to monitor our performance and to identify improvement opportunities.
As a valued customer, you may receive an email from Customer Service Profiles (CSP) with a request to complete an online survey regarding your recent interaction. We realize how precious your time is and hope you will take a brief moment to complete the survey with your thoughts and comments, as they are important to us and make a real difference.
We look forward to your feedback and thank you for your valued input.
No matter what your goals in life, West Shore Bank is here to help. Native to Western Michigan, we share your neighborhoods and communities and can offer you local advice and knowledge when preparing for all the things life throws your way — planned or not!
Saving for College
The cost of college can be daunting. Consider these tips to help your child reach their goals.
- No amount is too small. Time and interest can help you save a significant amount.
- Start saving now, rather than when it’s too late.
- Don’t use your retirement fund on college. There are more options to finance college than there are to pay for retirement.
Use our online calculators to determine how much you could save by putting a little away now. Call 231-845-3500 to speak with a specialist on how to start your college savings today.
There are lots of ways to make your big day spectacular without breaking the bank. Consider these financial tips to help you stay on budget.
- Schedule your wedding for the off-season when most things go down in price.
- Enlist the help of willing friends and family for do-it-yourself projects.
- Negotiate with your vendors. You may be surprised at their willingness to offer better rates to get your business.
- Rent things you can’t afford to buy like decorations or even your wedding gown.
- Take a look at your finances. Consolidate accounts and balances to get a better deal.
Use our online calculators to create a budget and stick to it. You may want to also consider:
It’s never too early to begin building a strong foundation for your child’s financial future. Consider these financial tips as you plan for your new arrival.
- Revise your budget to include baby expenses.
- Obtain a Social Security number for your child so you don’t miss out on baby-related tax benefits.
- Make adjustments to your W-4 form and look into additional insurance/health coverage.
- Start saving for college now, even if it’s just a little each month.
Use our online calculators to determine what saving now will mean for the future. Call 231-845-3500 to speak with an investment specialist to begin investing in your family’s future. You may want to also consider a:
Buying a Home
There’s a lot to consider when buying a home — financing, credit ratings and more. West Shore Bank wants to make the process as seamless as possible. Call to talk with a mortgage specialist who can help you determine what will best suit your needs and goals.
Use our online calculators to determine what you can afford. Call 231-845-3500 to speak with a mortgage specialist today.
A career move is a good time to re-evaluate your financial plan and adjust your budget. West Shore Bank is here to help you through any changes in your retirement savings or other accounts. Consider these tips to help make the transition as smooth as possible.
- If you are getting a raise, revise your budget and consider how best to use the extra money.
- Rollover your company 401(k) if you have one. It’s a great time to look at the progress you are making toward retirement savings.
- Bring your retirement savings together in one place to reduce fees and keep you on top of your plan.
- Update your insurance coverage. Do you have enough protection for you and your family?
Use our online calculators to review your budget and retirement savings. Call 231-845-3500 to speak with an investment specialist today.
- Our Wealth Management Services
- Our Switch Kit
Planning for Retirement
Retirement is something you can plan for at every stage of life. Whether you’ve got questions about how much you should be saving or which investments are right for you, West Shore Bank can help.
Use our online calculators to be sure you’re saving all you can. Call 231-845-3500 to speak with a retirement specialist today.
Retirement planning doesn’t stop once you’ve retired. It’s equally as important to have a plan designed to help you preserve your savings and truly enjoy your retirement. West Shore Bank can help you develop a plan to get the most from the money you’ve worked so hard to save all these years. Consider these tips to protect your next egg.
- Review your savings every year to make sure they are invested smartly and that your money won’t run out.
- Review your insurance policies. Are you protected from long-term illness?
Use our online calculators to ensure you’ll enjoy your retirement. Call 231-845-3500 to speak with a retirement specialist today.
West Shore Bank is proud to support our customers who are serving or have served our country in the armed forces. Members of the armed forces make great sacrifices in order to protect our nation. Recognizing these sacrifices, Congress enacted a number of laws specifically designed to protect the rights of Servicemembers while they are on active duty and after they return to civilian life.
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) is a federal law that provides a range of relief to active duty servicemembers, including financial relief and protections to members of the armed forces so they can devote their full attention on their military responsibilities and relieve stress on family members of those deployed.
Eligible products include, but are not limited to:
- Mortgage and home equity loans
- Installment and auto loans
- Credit cards and lines of credit
Loans other than credit cards and lines of credit must have been opened before the active duty start date. Further details on benefits provided under the SCRA can be found at www.servicemembers.gov.
To request SCRA benefits, please send a written request, including a copy of your military orders or a letter from your commanding officer on military letterhead that shows your active duty period(s) to:
West Shore Bank
PO Box 627
Ludington MI 49431
A copy of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Notice Disclosure can be viewed here:
2014 SCRA Disclosure (100 KB PDF)
We've all done it — made promises to save more, spend less, and take charge of our money. All too often, our good intentions give way to old habits. Don't let it happen again. Build a budget for you and your family that makes the most of your money.
Our experts are ready to help: Spend a few minutes with one of our personal bankers, answer a few questions, and we'll work with you to create a budget, possibly showing you where you can save money each month.
Here's what you have to do:
- Call the branch to schedule an appointment with one of our personal bankers.
- Bring information on your income, debts, monthly bills and any other recurring expenses.
- Spend 15-30 minutes with us while we help you put together a budget.
There are no strings attached; the service is free. As the west shore's leading community bank, our pledge is to help make a real difference in the financial lives of our customers. And we think a solid budget for the new year is a great place to start.
Call to schedule your appointment today and get your finances on track.